Vextractor is a tool for converting raster images to vector by
drawing centerlines and outlines. Vextractor can be used for
vectorizing drafts, maps, schemes, logos, charts, etc.
The program's basic features:
The following two vectorization methods are available:
- Drawing centerlines (skeleton lines) over raster.
- Drawing contours of area boundaries.
The following two line smoothing methods are available:
- Piecewise-linear approximation (polyline creation).
- Spline approximation by Bezier curves.
The following options are available for drawing centerlines:
- Arc and circle recognition.
- Orthogonal lines recognition.
- Automatic filling of line gaps.
- Automatic tracing of contours through line intersections.
The program supports the following raster formats:
- PBM, PGM, PPM
The output vector data can be saved in the following formats:
- AutoCAD DXF
- AutoCAD DXB
- ArcView Shape files (SHP)
- MapInfo MID/MIF
- Windows Metafile (WMF)
- Windows Enhanced Metafile (EMF)
- ASCII XYZ (Plain text)
- Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG)
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
The following tools are available for correcting raster images:
- 90º-divisible rotation.
- Custom-degree rotation.
- Horizontal and vertical mirroring.
- Adjusting brightness and contrast.
- Adjusting image palette.
- Median filtering.
- Removing isolated black and white areas (for binary images only).
- Noise filtering by averaging with threshold (for binary images
- Morphological operations: Opening, Closing, Erode, Dilate.
The results of such processing can be saved in the following raster
Supports TWAIN32-compatible scanners.
Built-in vector editor. Allows editing contours, arcs, and circles
generated during vectorization and creating vector objects manually.
Coordinate referencing of images. Supports referencing data
contained in the GeoTIFF and World-files. Allows two referencing
- By image size.
- By setting a point of reference.
Batch processing (vectorization).